This website is not affiliated with The Walt Disney Company, the official Disney website is Disney.com


Saturday, February 9, 2019

Disney.com 1998

Petition to give Forgotten Disney More Love

Welcome to part 3 of the Disney.com series. This time it's 1998! This was not only the year I was born, but the year my favorite movie of all time The Lion King 2: Simba's Pride came out...So expect  a little bit of that in here ....


To start off we're  doing a whole section to The Lion King 2: Simba's Pride, mainly the Active Play Website:

The main page for The Lion King II: Simba's Pride Active Play. I love this game honestly, especially the art aspects of it. I love how late 90s this page looks too, 90s designs  are some of my favorites.


The system requirements. Wow. Things sure have changed from 1998 huh? I can actually get Active Play to run just fine on my Windows 10 laptop, so if you wanna pick it up off on Amazon like I did, it might work for you too.

Here's the system requirements button, along with a cute little paw print icon

Two of the Active Play Banners. The Overview is for, well, an overview of the game.



Meet Kiara. This was above Kiara's bio, which was very well written. It focused on how Kiara wants  to follow her heart, which is very accurate to her character.



The bottom half of Active Play's box art. Ages 5-7? Pffft. I'm 21 and I love this game!


One of my favorite parts of Simba's Pride Active Play is customizing animals. Kovu and Kiara even make comments on them too!

Some Rafiki clipart that originated in 1994, with the picture maker, another part I love of the same. Here we got a Kovu and Kiara sitting next to a custom elephant.

A small collage of the Active Play games. The hippo one is my favorite, because in elementary school I used to play the board\puzzle game Traffic Jam a lot (I still play online versions to this day) and it reminds me of it. The giraffe game is pretty fun too. My microphone works well on that game, and I can get the monkey to say funny stuff.

Timon acting like a monkey during the monkey song. Each animal has their own song, featuring Timon acting as said animals.

An icon showing off some of the printables in Active Play. My laptop isn't hooked up to a printer currently, but if it was I'd probably print some of them.


Some clip art of Timon, Pumbaa, Kovu, and Kiara. It's pretty cute to see a group shot of these four, even if Timon and Pumbaa didn't become friends with Kovu until he was an adult, specifically after the bird\rhino chase.

Some clip art of Simba, Nala, Kovu, Kiara, Timon, and Pumbaa.

A pretty high quality Kiara clip art. I've seen various versions of this one before, mainly one with flatter colors, but I think this version looks great.


The next and back arrows on the Simba's Pride Active Play website. I think they're really cute little twirly arrows. They kind of give me a little bit of a Blues Clues vibe too.




A banner and start screen for The Lion King II Simba's Pride Simba-Grams. All that's really known is they were like ecards, which were really popular in the 90s and early 2000s internet.


  Ah yes, Disney's One Saturday Morning. This is a gold mind of forgotten Disney content: Doug, 101 Dalmatians: The Series, Even Stevens, Pepper Ann, The Proud Family, Llyod in Space, Jungle Cubs, ect.



Some old Disney.com press releases, (Along with the banner, because Pluto is adorable as usual.) Including: Smart Guy, and Net Pets.






And finally a list of Disney Movies, shows, and games including: 101 Dalmatians (1996), A Bug's Life, Arcade Frenzy, The D Show, Hercules, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Disney's Magic Artist, My Disney Kitchen, Nightmare Ned, and Villain's revenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment